Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Voice

Sometimes I try to explain to people why I take pictures. It began as a way to open my eyes to the world around me. And that's why I continue to take the pictures.

Our devotional at our office meeting this week was based on Psalm 19. Read these verses:
The heavens are telling the glory of God;
and the firmament proclaims his handiwork.
Day to day pours forth speech,
and night to night declares knowledge.
There is no speech, nor are there words;
their voice is not heard;
yet their voice* goes out through all the earth,
and their words to the end of the world.
(Verses 1-4)
That's why I take pictures -- because the heavens tell the story of God. Because while there is no speech; their words end through all the earth.

The world around us speaks with the Voice of God. Taking the picture is my way of recording it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home