Wednesday, July 09, 2008

God's image

I had a nice 45 minutes or so before the commute to work this morning.

I was able to stop for breakfast, and have some time to read, and then while I was waiting for JtM (we carpool), I took my camera to the parking lot and took some pictures. It was nice to just walk around, looking and snapping pictures.

I finished that, and was standing by the car, looking at the sky. Great sky.

Did you ever have one of those moments when prayer was necessary?

Prayer of the moment, standing by the car (not verbatim -- I don't remember it verbatim -- but these were the thoughts):

Thank you, Father, for these few moments of joy. Thank you for the sky, the flowers, the birds, the evidence of your creation in this beauty. Thank you for showing yourself in your wonderful creation...

Then I stood there for a moment, beside the car, and the last line of the prayer came to me. I don't think I would have thought of this on my own.

Father, may I see the evidence of your creation just as clearly in your children as I do in your flowers and sky.

I've taken pictures for a couple of years now, ever since the "Open Eyes" post. I've always said that it was an exercise in watching for God, and then taking the picture. Never once have I compared it to the challenge of see the image of God in the people he has created. If we did that -- if I did that -- then I would certainly treat people differently.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home