Thursday, July 03, 2008

Vacation Thoughts

A Friday Five from RevGalBlogPal: It is a holiday weekend here in the UK, and the weather forecast for much of the country is not good!!! But we can still dream and so with that in mind I bring you this Friday Five.

  1. Getting ready for summer, do you use the gradual tanning moisturisers ( yes gentlemen you too can answer this!!!), or are you happy to show your winter skin to the world? Not to be wishy/washy -- Whatever I feel like. The great thing about getting older is that I please myself in issues such as this. I will if I want to; I won't if I don't. I also don't wear shoes that hurt my feet, clothes that aren't comfortable or read books just because they are "good for me."
  2. Beach, mountains or chilling by the pool, what/ where is your favourite getaway? I love to go to the beach. Chilling by the pool has the potential of getting boring (although I have had great experiences chilling by the pool ).
  3. Are you a summer lover or does the long break become wearing? Since I am no longer in school, and don't get to take the summer off like students do, there isn't that much difference between summer and the rest of the year. Except that summer is hot -- I'm not crazy about hot! I like summer at the beginning because I don't have to bug the kids about their homework. As it comes to an end, I'm kind of ready for them to go back to school. Vacation is a nice part of summer, but I would probably do it in September or May if the kids weren't in school, just to avoid the really really hot summer months.
  4. Active holidays; hiking swimming, sailing, or lazy days? Well, not hiking, swimming or sailing. I like some activity on vacation -- sight seeing is good; I don't mind driving; shopping is good. I've been known to take a weekend with friends when we just sit, talk and go to meals. That's fun.
  5. Now to the important subject of food, if you are abroad do you try the local cuisine, or do you prefer to play it safe? I'm more adventurous as I get older, but I'm not extremely wild when it comes to food. I'm not so much into "local flavor."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home