Sunday, July 20, 2008

Blogging Names

Friday Five from RevGalBlogPals. Yes, I know it's Sunday.


  1. So how did you come up with your blogging name? And/or the name of your blog? My CB radio "handle" when I was a kid was Sandpiper. I've always thought the birds were great, the way they dart in and out of the water. When I set up my knitting blog (which is Sandpiper Knits), I decided to use that name again. When I started this blog several months later, I adapted the Knitting blog name to this one. Ultimately, I like it because it reminds me of the beach, which I love.
  2. Are there any code names or secret identities in your blog? Any stories there? There are G and J, which refer to my two sons. JtM is Jeff the Methodist. Jeff goes to my church (I work with him now). I wrote a post one day, referring to Jeff the Baptist (a blogger) and his opinion on the ordination of women. Jeff, the United Methodist, put in his two cents worth (supporting the ordination of women) and stating that he was NOT Jeff the Baptist. Whenever he commented after that, he called himself Jeff the Methodist. I think that's a lot to type, so I shortened it to JtM. That's really the only "code names" on the blog.
  3. What are some blog titles that you just love? For their cleverness, drama, or sheer, crazy fun? Um, hmm. There are many clever ones out there, but nothing is jumping to mind.
  4. What three blogs are you devoted to? Other than the RevGalBlogPals blog of course! Yarn Harlot (the only knitting blog that I still read). The blogs in my Bloglines account are listed to the right, under "Other People's Thoughts."
  5. Who introduced you to the world of blogging and why? No particular person introduced me to blogging. When I started knitting a few years ago, I started reading knitting blogs, and decided to start one. I no longer post on that blog, but I started this one over two years ago.

Bonus question: Have you ever met any of your blogging friends? Where are some of the places you've met these fun folks? No particularly interesting stories here. I know Carol of Smallest Angel and Jim of WabiSabi. I wish Linda would post to her blog, Pearls of Wisdom. On the first day of Annual Conference this year, we were looking for Tom Burger (the now retired Director of Communications). We didn't find him right away, but I met Laura Allen, our new Director of Communications. She was just starting Living Stones, so I got to see its birth. That was cool.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home