Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Letting Go

Songbird wrote:

But Jesus tells us clearly, he has come to upset the way things have always been.

I think it might be useful for church people to think about something in our faith community on which we rely, something we love, something we would never want to see changed, and imagine life without it. How might letting go of the thing we love make us understand or serve or simply love Jesus better?

I keep an electronic notebook (it's a google-thing, and a cool freebie) into which I place blog ideas. I pulled it up this evening and looked at the notes I had there, finding this quote.

It's a good question. How does letting go of something bring us closer to God?

Songbird said that she was pondering this. I refuse to ever ponder, but I will think about it.

Image: This is the altar in the chapel at St. Marks in Charleston.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home