Thursday, February 28, 2008

Free Rice

I just found an interesting site on the web called FreeRice.com. The concept is that you go to the site, you play their vocabulary quiz, and for each word you get correct, they donate 20 grains of rice to the United Nations.

I played the game, earned 460 grains of rice and scored a vocabulary level of 40-43 (43 was my highest level, I stopped at 40.). As you play, and get each word correct, the game gives you harder words, so that in a way, you are always playing on the margin of what you know.

It's rather addictive, but I did finally stop. I have, however, added the Free Rice Banner and link to the sidebar. Give it a shot -- how do you do?

Edited later -- I went back. My high vocabulary score is now 44. I've donated another 860 grains of rice. I'm stopping; I'm removing the link!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home