Saturday, December 15, 2007

Our actions

I wrote a post earlier in the week about the Matthew lectionary reading this week. It was about how God makes the impossible, possible.

I was reading the same passage today as part of my morning devotional time. The passage -- Matthew 11:2-11 -- is about John the Baptist asking if Jesus is the one for whom they have been waiting.

Jesus answered them, "Go and tell John what you hear and see: the blind receive their sight, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the poor have good news brought to them.
The author of the devotional says that "Jesus' action reveals who he is."

Is the impossible done in the world because we believe and have faith? Is God able to do the impossible through us because we listen and obey?

Do our actions reveals whose we are? Do my actions reveal whose I am? Is God able to do the impossible through me? Would anyone recognize God through my actions?


Image: Bridge in the park taken with the Canon (which is now gone) I am very much happier with the Nikon.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home