Saturday, October 06, 2007

Because of You

Picking up from yesterday's post -- can we be God-sparks?

Two verses have brought this idea to my mind lately. The first one is the basis of a devotional that went out to our devotional email group last week. (Go read it; it's great). I credit Mr/s. Anonymous for pointing me to this verse:

And they glorified God because of me. (Galations 1:24)

The devotional writer asks the question, "Do others praise God because of you?" It's an excellent question. Do I send off God-sparks? Or am I just light and noise, signifying nothing?

One of the lectionary readings for this week is from 2 Timothy 1:5:

I am reminded of your sincere faith, a faith that lived first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice and now, I am sure, lives in you.
Timothy lived in a family of God-sparks.

He praised God, at least in some ways, because of his mother and grandmother. Paul could see a living faith in Timothy.

It's evangelism, isn't it? As JtM said in a comment, evangelical means "good angel." Good angel, sending off God-sparks, so that someone else may praise God because of you.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home