Sunday, April 29, 2007

Fill this place, Lord.

First, a word of explanation. Every once and a while, I write a poem. It's not a normal thing that I do, but since I started blogging, there are times when I write poems.

When I do that, the poems often begin with a phrase that starts my mind working. That is what happened this morning. As I mentioned yesterday, the band Portal was at our church yesterday and today. This morning for our early service, the three female members of the band did an "unplugged" worship service. The first song that they sang was about meeting God -- seeking him, and asking him to reveal himself to us. The phrase that struck me was "Fill this place."

I think that may be my prayer for our church. Fill this place, Lord. While I listened, I wrote this, sitting in the pew:


No electricity, except the power of God.
Fill this place, Lord.

No noise, except the praise of God.
Fill this place, Lord.

No sight, except the presence of God.
Fill this place, Lord.

No movement, except the guiding of God.
Fill this place, Lord.

No air, except the breath of God.
Fill this place, Lord.

No rhythm, except the footsteps of God.
Fill this place, Lord.

No knowledge, except the wisdom of God.
Fill this place, Lord.

No worship, except the love of God.
Fill this place, Lord.

Images: The band and the door. Standing in that spot was like standing in the breath of God. Click on that second image for a better look.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home