Monday, March 26, 2007

You are my God


Psalm 63:1-8

O God, you are my God
I search for you
I thirst for you
I long for you
When I cannot find you,
My spirit is parched
Like sand on a rock.

There are times, my God
When I stand in your sanctuary
And feel your glory
Am more certain of your presence
Than the air I breathe.
I behold your power and glory.

You created me from dust
So that you could love me
And I could love you.
I will speak of your glory.
And proclaim it.

I will praise you
With all that I am.
I will lift your name
With my heart,
With my hands,
With my mind,
With my voice,
All that is within me
Will worship you.

My soul will be nourished in your presence
The night is long and empty
Darkness abounds
Unless you keep watch.

You are with me,
I sing
I dance
I praise you
In the shadow of your wings.

All that I am
Wraps around your presence
So that I cannot tell
Where my spirit ends
And yours begins.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger gavin richardson said...

lovely, thank you

12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home