Thursday, March 15, 2007

A Call to Confession

Psalm 32

My sin weighs on my thoughts
Like bricks holding down a kite
Which yearns to fly.

Blessed am I when my sin is forgiven
When my mistakes are wiped clean.

My Lord and my Father
Will hold nothing against me.
Will relieve me of my guilt.
All I must do is surrender.
I must be honest with him,
For in that honesty
I will find that I have been lying to myself.

In the silence of my guilt
I became smaller and smaller
God faded away.
And I groaned for him,
Calling for him to return.
He was so far away
That I didn’t even feel the touch of his hand
Even though it never left me.
My strength dried up
And blew away, like dust.

Finally, I told him of my mistakes.
As if he hadn’t known.
I gave up hiding them from him.
“Please God, take this from me.
Forgive me, for I ache under this burden.”
He lifted them away,
Left me clean,
Pulled me close, for he had never left.

I pray that everyone may know and understand.
I pray that all may find the love that he offers.
In their distress, may they find shelter and protection,
As the heavy waters of pain rush upon them.
May they find serenity in his embrace
As I have,
May he keep them from harm
And surround them with his assurances of home.

All who have problems, troubles, sin,
Listen.
Learn from this voice of experience.
Surrender your pride, your stubborn nature.
Give it all to God.
Draw near to him and find peace.

The weight of sin is enormous,
And we carry it so often,
That we ignore the wounds it leaves,
The holes it tears in our skin.
We are so accustomed to the burden,
That we think blisters are our lot in life.
Come to God for healing,
To find release.
Remember that tears are not to be our nature.
And that shouts of joy await us.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saul says this is our struggle
The fight against our nature
Wanting to do good
But choosing to sin
I Rejoice in God' forgiveness
For far too often sin wins out

4:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home