Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Overflow

I found this on Robin Lee Hatcher's blog. It's today's devotion from Streams in the Desert:

He saw the disciples straining at the oars. (Mark 6:48)

Straining and striving does not accomplish the work God gives us to do. Only God Himself, who always works without stress and strain and who never overworks, can do the work He assigns to His children. When we restfully trust Him to do it, the work will be completed and will be done well. And the way to let Him do His work through us is to so fully abide in Christ by faith that He fills us to overflowing.

A man who learned this secret once said, “I came to Jesus and drank, and I believe I will never be thirsty again. My life’s motto has become ‘Not overwork but overflow,’ and it has already made all the difference in my life.”

There is no straining effort in an overflowing life, and it is quietly irresistible. It is the normal life of omnipotent and ceaseless accomplishment into which Christ invites each of us to enter —today and always.
Amen. This has been quite a year -- a year of overflow -- not overwork.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home