Sunday, September 03, 2006

Thank God for Life

An extra:

Last weekend as I was getting tablecloths and napkins together for the picnic, I grabbed a couple pieces of foamboard and some sharpies. I printed out the words, "We give thanks to God for..." and glued it on one of the posters. I sat them at the beginning of the buffet line with the markers, and waited to see what people would write on them.

My favorite set of answers came from a pair of twin boys in our congregation. One of them wrote "Thank God for Life." Sweet child, I'm right there with you. For some reason, I'm feeling the joy of it tonight. The other one wrote, "Thank God for Food."

Heard this song on the way home from dinner, and I'm still singing it (The More by Downhere):

And the more You show me,
the more You grow me
The more Your glory becomes all there is
And the more I know You,
the more I need You
The more I love You,
the more You become to me

It is an amazing ride.

Images: The sky after and before dinner (I seem to have posted them in the wrong order).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home