Saturday, September 23, 2006

Lexington Oddities

We spent the day in Lexington today, and I noticed some rather odd things -- strange occurrences or items which seemed unexplainable. Here's my list of Saturday oddities:
  • We were in Fayette Mall today. Why would anyone want to buy a leather belt with a brass plate attached to it -- about 3 inches long by 1/2 inch wide -- with his name engraved on it? Does he expect to forget his name, and wants to make sure some article of clothing will remind him? Is he really worried that someone will steal this beautiful belt? It just baffles me.
  • We were in EB Games where I read several signs that said, "If it's in the game, it's in the game." What does that mean?
  • G wanted to buy a jacket today -- kind of a hoodie with a zipper. He asked Steve to come into the store with him to see if the one he was looking at was "too black." He was literally asking if the color of the jacket was too black. How can anything be too black? Seems like it either is or it isn't. If it isn't, then isn't it gray? I had no idea how to answer this question.
  • I bought $25 worth of items from Bath and Body Works. I was told, since I spent $25, I could buy a ceramic pumpkin filled with pumpkin scented wax for $35. A $35 dollar candle. Is this supposed to be a deal? What was its original price? Where would I put it after Halloween? Does it relate to baths or bodies? I think the only people who are buying this candle are buying it as a gift for their in laws.
  • At Macaroni Grill, where we had dinner, they give Italian lessons in the bathroom. It's all rather silly, but kind of a cute gimmick. Today they tried to teach me how to say, "Serving coffee on an international flight can be kind of tricky, especially when there is turbulence." Why do I need to know how to say that in Italian?
  • At Macaroni Grill, I ordered penne with basil pesto, topped with a couple of pieces of buffalo mozzarella cheese. The basil pesto makes the dish kind of green, including the cheese. My wonderful husband decided to call the cheese buffalo snot. Thanks so much!

Images: The sky between Dick's and the mall prior to the rain starting. The blue sky image is at twilight on the way home. The night photo was closer to home. I thought both looked kind of odd, so I included them here.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could have sworn I clicked on "Sandpiper's Thoughts," but I think I ended up on Andy Rooney's blog somehow...

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some childish people just have to make jokes about food.

And planets.

11:14 PM  
Blogger John said...

We were in EB Games where I read several signs that said, "If it's in the game, it's in the game." What does that mean?

It means that what goes on in the game, stays in the game, as this commercial describes.

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home