Monday, August 07, 2006

Ten Books

I saw this Meme over at Beth Quick's blog, and thought it looked interesting, so I'll post it here. It's called Ten Books:

  1. One Book That Changed Your Life - I don't know -- Changed my life? Well, my life changed drastically after I read What to Expect when You're Expecting, but I don't think it was the fault of the book. I hope my life is being transformed through what I read in the Bible, but that's kind of a predictable answer.
  2. One Book That You've Read More Than Once: Only one? I love to read my favorite books over and over. I guess Outlander by Diana Gabaldon comes to mind first, but it's not at ALL the only one.
  3. One Book You'd Want On a Desert Island: No way I could choose one. One? Maybe a book like the one in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets -- it was a journal that he could write in that would talk back to him. That would be helpful on a desert island, except that the answering voice was evil. Maybe just a blank book? Maybe a book about flora and fauna on a desert island so that I wouldn't poison myself.
  4. One Book That Made You Laugh: All of the Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich.
  5. One Book That Made You Cry: Where the Red Fern Grows. Horrible, hateful book. You know what happens at the end, don't you? It made me cry, and not in a good way. Pages 49-51 of What's So Amazing About Grace by Philip Yancey took my breath away, in a good way.
  6. One Book You Wish Had Been Written: A memoir by my grandmother.
  7. One Book That You Wish Had Never Been Written: The Bridge of San Luis Rey by Thornton Wilder. The first line: "On Friday noon, July the twentieth, 1714, the finest bridge in all of Peru broke and precipitated five travelers into the gulf below." It goes downhill from there. If I ever see this book again in the "flesh," I'm throwing it away. After I stomp on it.
  8. One Book You're Currently Reading: Fingerprints of God by Jennifer Rothschild. Tomb of the Golden Bird by Elizabeth Peters. The Will of God by Leslie D. Weatherhead is waiting in the wings.
  9. One Book You've Been Meaning To Read: I've given up reading books for the "should read" value. I only read now for the "want to" value. I keep trying to read the Tolkein books and the Narnia books, but I haven't gotten to them yet.
  10. Tag five people: Nope. Anybody want to play, then play. Put it it in your blog; put it in my comments; pick your favorite and answer it; just think of the answers, or ignore the whole thing. Nobody's it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home