Saturday, August 05, 2006

Get thee to a swing

I have a personal policy of not posting photographs of people on the blog (although apparently the use of the letter 'p' is perfectly acceptable). I'm going to break that policy today.

After my reunion group meeting today, I met up with Steve, his brother, our boys and our nephews at the park. It wasn't hot enough yet to be miserable, so we had a good time.

Witness, in the photograph to the right, two brothers, 44 years old (6'4") and 46 years old (6'5") swinging. I also have a little video of the two of them in motion that I'll treasure always.

I started it when I got on the swing (Sorry, no pictures of that, but the photo on the left is proof -- my view from the swing). Conversation:

J: Mom? You're going to swing?
Me: Yes. Don't you think I'm a swinger?
J: No, you're a singer, not a swinger. (not sure what that means)

Looks like I haven't been enough of a kid for my kids to see. I highly recommend swinging. Take your children, or borrow someone's or just go by yourself to a park, and swing. Even better if you can get your husband to do it, and take his picture.

As we left, the picnic people under the shelter were closing what must have been a church event. Someone in the group sang The Lord's Prayer, a cappella, with wonderful, beautiful skill. Just the perfect end to a child-like hour in the park.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home