Monday, July 03, 2006

A citizen or not?

In the spirit of yesterday's "legal eagle" post, here's a quiz (link). This one is composed of 20 questions taken from the US Citizenship test.

Admittedly, I was hesitant to take it. I've been a citizen since way back. Mom was a social studies teacher, and I took US History in college from a very wonderful professor. Was it all for naught?

Wiping brow, I scored a 90%. I missed two questions:
  1. Which amendment (7th, 15th, 17th or 24th) does NOT address voting rights? I had the right answer, but changed it -- don't you HATE it when you do that?
  2. Who has the power to declare war? Yes, I should have known that. SHOULD have, but chose the wrong answer. Bummer, I hate it when I do that, too.

But, hey, I got the one right that asks what form to use to apply for citizenship. It was the only question that I had NO idea of the right answer -- pure guess -- I LOVE it when I do that!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

95%
I missed the form question...

9:33 AM  
Blogger John said...

I got one wrong -- the one about which form for naturalization.

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home