Friday, June 30, 2006

A Letter to God

Dear God;

Excuse me, but we need to have a little talk. I know that we discussed earlier this week that Anita had called, asking me to join her team. She graciously gave you and me a "few" days to discuss this proposition. That was Monday. Today is Thursday, and I have a feeling that she will be calling this evening, so we need to get busy.

So far the only advice you seem to be giving me about this choice is, "You know the answer." I'm sorry to say that that is not very helpful. If I knew the answer, God, I wouldn't be asking you about it, would I?

I have to confess, heavenly Father, that a few weeks ago, when S was dealing with this same question, I didn't quite understand his worry that he might interfere with or in some way diminish someone's walk experience. I thought (and still do think) that he will be a wonderful member of the men's team, but now I understand his worries. Have you met me, God? I talk when I shouldn't and don't know what to say when I need to know. The thought that something I might do (or not do) might get in Your way on a walk is intimidating.

"You know the answer."

You know, God, that bigger decisions are coming up sooner or later, and I hope you plan to be more helpful with those. I mean, really, how much could it cost to send a postcard?

Oh, right, I guess I know the answer to that one -- it costs everything.

Love,
Kim

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the answer "yes"?

10:48 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I told her yes.

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home