Thursday, June 22, 2006

I Stand Here

Psalm 8

I stand here.
I am nothing.
Insignificant.
Miniscule.
A particle of dust.

You stand there.
You are God.
Omnipotent.
Mighty.
King of Kings.

And yet, you care for me.

I look at the sky,
The stars,
And know that you arranged them.
That you created them,
And placed each one in its orbit.
You taught the wind to blow,
And the water to wave.
The sun shines at your command,
The moon rains silver light
Because you whisper in its ear
And tell it how.

And yet, you care for me.

You not only care for me,
But you have lifted me from my nothingness,
And blessed me.
You honor me with responsibilities,
And trust me enough to carry them.
When I say, “Maybe I can do that.”
You don’t laugh.
You say, “Yes, you can, and you can do this, too.”

I am nothing,
And yet, you care for me.
And I stand here.
Amazed.

O Lord, our Lord,
How majestic is your name in all the earth!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home