Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Review of Lent Photo-a-Day


During Lent, I participated in the Lent Photo-a-Day challenge that is sponsored (and maybe designed?) by Rethink Church of the United Methodist Church.  Each day of Lent there was a focus word, and the point was to pause, reflect, and post an image on social media with no explanation.  That was 46 words (not all of them different - Sunday was always Celebrate) and 46 images.

What did I think about it?

The good:
  • It is good to have a focus for the day. The Lent Photo-a-day challenge can be a good Lent practice.
  • I often have used my camera as a way to watch for God and to take pictures when I see God. I have gotten out of that practice, and this put me back into it. It felt good to do it. I took images beyond the word list.  This was the best part of the challenge for me.
  • It was a challenge, and it always good to stretch.

The not great:
  • Some of the words didn't do much for me.  One week we had Given and Gave in the same week.  Truthfully, my focus on the words weren't always related to Lent (and maybe that is OK).  I gave up trying to find a LENT picture for each word, and just looked for an image each day.  I mean, I just couldn't find a Lent image for House and words like it.
  • I got tired of the posting. I was glad when it was finished. BUT without the posting, I'm sure I wouldn't have done it with any discipline.

I posted all of the images on my blog, and you can find them at this tag.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home