Monday, April 22, 2024

General Conference

 Starting today, I'll be at General Conference.  I am a Reserve Delegate with no vote or voice, but I am interested to experience the event.  I am positive there will be highs and lows.

If you are a person who prays, this is the prayer our delegation is asking people to pray for us:

“Almighty and gracious God, we, the people of the West Virginia Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church, ask that you have mercy on your church. Once again, pour out your Holy Spirit upon us; renew and restore your church until we are made new. Instill within these delegates humble hearts and discerning minds that hunger and thirst for your righteousness and your vision for our future. Through the decisions of the General Conference, return to this church a passionate longing for the coming of your kingdom, and unite us in one mission: to reach and make new disciples of Jesus for the transformation of the world. Amen.

I will probably post ahead during General Conference. If I have anything that I think should appear right away, I'll add it to the blog.


Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger birdwatcher said...

Thank you for posting this prayer in an easily accesible place.

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home