The Same Breath
A couple of lines from our Call to Worship at church in August:
L: The air is precious;
P: For all of us share the same breath.
All of us share the same breath. I read that as part of the responsive reading; it was a stunning statement. The air we breath is the air all of us breath - our common breath. I mean, I know that, but it was still a startling statement. What we do to the air in one place impacts all of our breath.
What we do to the water in one river, impacts all of our drinking.
Of course it does, but do we remember that?
L. For we did not weave the web of life:
P: We are merely a strand in it.
L: Whatever we do to the web
P: We do to ourselves
I wrote this as a blog post with the very unhelpful note to "add reference." The reference to the Call to Worship in the written bulletin included the reference but I didn't write it down. When I googled it, I found that much of this is attributed to Chief Seattle. Just know that I didn't write it.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home