Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Gather us in

Last Sunday in worship we sang the song Gather us in. In the lyrics are the lines:

Give us a heart so meek and so lowly
Give us the courage to enter the song

As I was singing the song, questions came to my mind.
  • What is the song? It reminds me of the song The Lord of the Dance.  I think the song and the dance are the same. The song is the work of the kingdom of God, maybe.
  • Why do we need courage?  What are we afraid of? What area we always afraid of? Loss of control? Loss of comfort? Failure? I included line just before the line that caught my attention because I think it speaks to this question. A meek and lowly heart would give up control and comfort. It would give us the courage to enter the song.
May we do so.  Gather us in - gather us all in.

 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home