Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Like a Frightened Bird

Like a frightened bird,
I come to you, O God,
In you, my Lord, I seek protection
From my fear.
I look for refuge.
Save me from my self-made humiliation,
Rescue me from my unrighteousness.
In your righteousness, I search for salvation.

Do you hear me, O God?
Or do my words echo off the cliffs that threaten me?
Be the foundation under my feet,
Be my fortress.
 
Like a frightened bird
I feel my wings hitting nothingness,
And I count on you to be
The might tree that supports me,
Where I make my nest.
I count on you to be the stars that guide me
Through the darkness of night.
 
I feel my wings caught in hidden traps,
Nets that threaten to throw me to the dirt.
Help me, save me from the threats I cannot see.
Offer me safety.
 
My faith is trust.
Into your hands I land.
I give you my spirit, I trust you with my life.
You have saved me from myself,
From my sin.
You are a faithful God.
 
My life in in your hands.
My time is in your hands.
I trust you,
And count on you to see me,
Your smile to light my way.
 
Save me in your steadfast love.
 
Inspired by Psalm 31:1-5, 15-16

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home