Monday, May 15, 2023

A Litany with Psalm 16

Protect me, O God, for in you I take refuse.
I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord: I have no good apart from you.

Oh, God, protect me from my own thoughts.
I take shelter in your love.
I say to myself, "I am nothing."
I shelter in belovedness.

The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup.
You hold my lot.

Oh, God, you fill me up.
You provide what I need to live a life
that gives joy - to me and to those I love.
You hold my life.

The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places
I have a Godly heritage.

My faith came from those who loved me.
My faith came from you,
who loved me into existence.
I have an holy and sacred heritage.

I bless the Lord who gives me counsel;
In the night also my heart instructs me.

In the darkness of the nights
Worry overwhelms me.
Help me to cling to you.
Instruct my heart.

I keep the Lord always before me;
Because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.

Oh, God, you are the light in the darkness.
You are ever present with me,
Even when the world rocks under my feet,
I shall not be moved because of you.

Therefore my heart if glad, and my soul rejoices;
My body also rests secure.

Oh, God, fill my heart with gladness,
and lift my soul in rejoicing.
Fill me with your grace,
so that I know the security of your spirit.

You show me the path of life.
In your presence there is fullness of joy;
In your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

Psalm 16, various verses in italics.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home