Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Look. Listen.

Inspired by Isaiah 55:1-5

Look.  Listen.
What are you searching for?
Come here, and find it.

Do you feel poor in spirit? Poor in life?
Your poverty doesn't matter.
Your money doesn't matter.
Your heart can be filled.
Come here, and live.

You give yourself
to what will not fill your spirit.
You cheat yourself
of what you have been given
by grace.

Look. Listen.
Come close to God.
Listen to God's life giving, nourishing words.
Here is what you are searching for.

And God says,
I make an everlasting covenant with you.
I offer you steadfast loyalty.
I love you like I loved David.
Remember him?
I offer you the same promise.

I will be your God.
You will be my people.
Look. Listen.
Come close and live.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home