Monday, August 10, 2020

Breathe

 In the past few weeks, I have participated in two different devotional moments in which the speaker asked us to consider our breath.  To breathe deeply, releasing whatever tension has accumulated in our lives and to breathe in the presence of God - of hope and joy.


Both times that has happened, I have thought of those in our world who are not able to breathe as easily or as deeply as I can.  Most specifically, I think of those infected with the SARS-CoV-2, who are suffering from COVID-19.  A person who is battling the disease would not be able to breathe deeply; he (or she) would have shortness of breath or difficulty breathing.  Or perhaps he would be on a ventilator, unable to breathe on his own at all.  And as I sit at my desk, I can breathe easily and deeply, thinking of those who cannot.

For just a moment, as you are reading this, pause and take a deep breathe.  Hold it.  Release it.  

I pray you are able to breathe easily and deeply, and that you are filled with thanksgiving for what we every day take for granted.  May God fill you with hope and peace this day as you breathe in God's presence. Amen.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home