Thursday, August 31, 2017

Josh


This is our younger son, Josh. Today he turns 21. 

Both of our children are gifts to me, blessings in my life. Sometimes its good to stop and remember why a person is a gift, and since today is Josh's birthday, and since it's a milestone number-wise, today I remember why he is a blessing and what I have learned from him.
  • Josh asks questions. He always has. Irritating questions (sometimes, when he was younger). He wants to know things, he wants to understand the plan. Asking questions is good; we should do more of it.
  • Josh doesn't let his limitations stop him. He has limited right arm mobility, and yet he plays the trumpet and the piano - and more - and he does it with excellence. We aren't limited by what we consider obstacles.
  • Josh has dreams. He has a plan. He knows what he wants to do. He has goals and vision. We should do that.
  • Josh knows how to manage his time. Now. He didn't always, but he has learned to do it. Each semester, he has had over 21 hours of classes in college, participated in extracurricular activities, cultivated friends, and had fun in life. I'm amazed at everything he gets done, how well he does it, and how he plans ahead. We should do that.
  • Josh is kind. He treats other people with thoughtfulness and kindness. He encourages those he is teaching. We should be kind.
  • Josh knows how to see the humor in life. I love it when he has the time to tell us stories about his life. He finds the humor and shares it.

I'm grateful for our sons (both of them). I'm thankful for the adult men they have become, and amazed. On this day, the anniversary of the day 21 years ago, when Josh came into the world, I thank God for him.

Of note: I'm taking a break from posting next week, but will be back the second week of September.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home