Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Perspectives: Creativity

Yesterday, I wrote about the need to use creativity in your ministry of Finance in a church. My thoughts around that started with this image. 

This is creativity. It is seeing the unexpected in something ordinary - a bicycle and spare parts for something (I'm not sure what). 

I remember, years ago, when I was in elementary school, as part of a test, I was given a green oval. The task was to draw something creative around it. How do you take a green oval and be creative with it? How do you take something that ordinary (and of such an ugly shade of neon green) and create something unexpected. Green, on that day, to me, said alien. And what would be unexpected about an alien? Standing on his head. So I drew an alien standing on his head. I have no idea if the person grading the test could tell that's what it was, but that's what I did.


The only way to be creative is to be creative. Have I said that before in another post? Don't be stopped by the idea that you are not. Just do it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home