Monday, June 03, 2013

Afire

“Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God,
But only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round and pluck blackberries.”

I know I've blogged about that quote before, but I read it once again today.  

Do we believe that every common bush is afire with God?  What would that mean?  It would mean that even in the mundane routine of life, every action is afire with God.  Do we believe that?  Do we believe that every person who crosses our path today will be a child of God?  Afire with the presence of God?

My husband's uncle's father (keep up, I know it's getting complicated) would tell people that radio waves were everywhere.  They are even in your pocket.  I wonder what he would have thought of wireless Internet?

Anyway, do we perceive of God's presence like that?  Everywhere?  That everything is afire with God?

And do we like that?  Or, like fire, would we rather back aware for fear of being burned?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home