Friday, August 10, 2012

Where is the door?

On the way home from work yesterday I stopped at the store. It was a Foodland in Charleston where I don't stop very often. I could be wrong (and just unobservant) but it seems that since I was there last they have remodeled the front of the store. I got out of the car and looked at the store, and had no idea how to get in. Where was the door? The store has no visible front doors.

Doesn't that seem odd? Wouldn't you think that a grocery store that exists only to sell food to customers would make it's front door very visible? And I imagine that the manager of the store would never think that anyone would have any trouble finding his or her way inside the store.

Are churches the same way? I don't mean literally -- I don't mean that we hide our front doors, but do we sometimes assume that people know how to "do church" when they are really just standing outside, wondering what to do? Imagine for a moment that you have never been to church. Carry that rookie status with you to worship, and experience it with those eyes.




Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home