Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Interrupting

Do you ever watch the Big Bang Theory?  A few months ago, I would have answered that questions, "What?  Big Bang Theory?"  And then I ran into a couple of friends from the building where I used to work, and they told me about it.  "Watch this show!  Everyone in our building is in it!"

Now I'm hooked. 

I bring it up because the other day I was watching as Sheldon and Amy had a conversation.  Sheldon said, "I want to stop listening to you now and say something."  We've all been taught it is rude to interrupt, but Sheldon doesn't live by normal rules.

Is it ever OK to interrupt?

In the Bishop's sermon during Annual Conference, he said that if the house were on fire, it is necessary to interrupt.  If someone is drowning, interrupt.  If you win the lottery, interrupt.  (I'm making up examples now, but you get the picture).  If the news is life altering, interrupt.

We have good news to share.  God has arrived, and the world will never be the same.  Shouldn't we be interrupting? 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home