Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Lorax

I was at the movies earlier this week and saw a preview of the movie Lorax -- an adaptation of a Dr. Seuss book. I emailed myself this quote for future use: "It's not about what it is; it's about what it can become."

We spend a whole lot of time evaluating who we are, what we have done, what others have done, mistakes, wasted time, and flaws. We use all of that information to make value judgments about ourselves and others. And then we think that God does the same thing.

It's not about who we are; it's about who we can become.

God loves us now, today, as we are. And he can see who we can become, through his grace.

It's about transformation, re-creation, re-birth. it's about potential. It's about who we were created to be, not about the fact that we aren't there yet.

If we realize that, then we can reach for what is possible, opening ourselves up to what God can do, instead of judging what is potential based only on present reality.

It's not about who we are; it's about who we can become.



1 Comments:

Blogger birdwatcher said...

I like that idea - reminds me of the song lyrics that go something like love me for who I am not what I have done or may do -

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home