Saturday, August 23, 2008

This I Know

I was in a meeting today for an upcoming Emmaus walk. I'm going to be a table leader, and I was thinking about my talk -- Life of Piety -- which has to do with having a relationship with God.

The Lay Director of the walk was talking about a song she wanted to sing during the walk -- she thinks that it will be Jesus Loves Me. So many of the team members discussed how their walks had shown them the immense love of God.

She read a devotional about the song Jesus Loves Me. As part of that song, someone had written a "senior" version, which included a line something like, "I will have no fear for He is near."

I wrote down that line.

As I think about it, several things come to mind:

  • There is a distinct connect between the realization that "Jesus loves me" and having no fear -- the knowledge that he is near. If we remember his closeness -- through our relationship with God -- then we will trust him. Trust doesn't exist with fear.
  • I forget. I get caught up in the fear, and I forget about the trust. I forget about his closeness. So I fear.
  • I'm blessed to have people in my life who remind me to trust, to not fear.
Aren't we blessed to realize that "Jesus Loves Me"?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home