Monday, March 17, 2008

Lent?

How has your Lent been?

In the past, I've tried to either "give something up" for Lent or to "pick something up for Lent."

I've given up chocolate, more than once. One year I gave up elevators. Every time I climbed the stairs (and I have to go up 3 double flights to get to the floor where my lab is) I would think about God and Lent.

I've tried to "pick something up" for Lent, although I think that is harder than giving something up. One year I tried picking up prayer for a very specific matter. I was the chairman of the committee at the time, and I was trying to figure out if I should continue in the position or not.

This year, I must admit, that I've made no move to make Lent a particular time of spiritual growth. I think perhaps I've missed it in more ways that one. Lent has almost snuck by me, unnoticed. I'm sure that has something to do with being busy, and something to do with the how early the season was this year. Perhaps it mostly has to do with laziness.

Whatever the reason, I think I've missed an opportunity.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home