Sunday, April 08, 2007

What is our vision?

Do we get it?
On Easter, when we sit in the pews,
Enjoying the light scent of hyacinth,
The sense of pleasure at a full sanctuary,
Do we get it?

Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.


Is it reality to us?
Resurrection -- new life.
What it all means?
Do we grasp its majesty,
That we are no longer creatures of death,
But that we have been changed
By an emtpy tomb
To beings of immortality?
Is it reality to us?

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Do we see it?
Are we blind to the truth?
Or do we have moments when the reality of what God has done for us
Sinks into our souls,
Lifts our spirits,
Guides our hearts?
Do we ever see it?

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.

Are there moments on Easter
Or on any day
When grace is so alive
And our doubts are so overwhelmed
That we can see what it is like
To be children of God?



Images: Tulips from the "garden" in our sanctuary plus the Sanctuary on Easter with the bell choir. The acolyte is J.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home