Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Stay

Psalm 71

O Lord, the world is huge,
And I am not.
I run to you, I cling to you,
In you I find protection.
In your presence I find deliverance.
In your hands I find safety.
Hear me and listen.
You are my foundation, my rock.
Clinging to you, I find calmness
Amid the turbulent waters of life.

Rescue me, O God, from evil,
From the cruelness of the world,
From the unjust.
Rescue me, O God, even from myself.
In you I find my hope,
In you I place my trust.
From the beginning.
When I was young,
When I was a child,
Even, God, before I was known by the world,
You knew me.
Hear my praise.

Father, I surrender all to you,
My words, my thoughts, my deeds,
May they all be used for your glory.
I cannot live without your presence,
So stay with me, God.
Even when my strength deserts me
Even when my enemies surround me,
Stay with me, God.

In this huge world, in which I am so small,
I ask you to stay near.
Stay close enough to convince me
Of the certainty of your presence.
Stay near enough to comfort me
When I feel forsaken, lost.
Alone in the presence of those who seek to harm me.
Convince me of your love
When I am my own worst enemy.
I will never give up hope,
I will praise you forever,
I will tell your children of your grace.
May I be your messenger,
Delivering the news of your handiwork
The joy of your salvation,
Even though you are completely
Beyond my comprehension.

O God, from my youth you have taught me,
You have walked with me through my life.
I will honor you every day.
As my eyes grown dim,
And my hair turns gray,
As my steps turn from skipping to shuffling,
May you never walk away.
I will tell my children,
Their children,
And their children of your love and grace.
I will pass on to them this marvelous hope.

When my steps falter,
When darkness settles across my path,
You lift me up, and give me life.
You are my comfort and my God.

I will glorify you with whatever gifts
You have given me.
I will sing praises to you with my life.
As my lips proclaim your amazing glory,
My soul echoes my song.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home