Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Three short thoughts

A few odds and ends.

First, if you open the dictionary, and you look up the word "brave," you will find a photograph of our son, J. Tonight was the Christmas program at his elementary school. He sang "I'll be Home for Christmas" as a solo. It was innocent and wonderful and brave. Bravo, J.

I ran across a blog today called realmealministries. Brian has posted four prayers to be used in conjunction with scripture reading that I though were especially eloquent. I'll post one here to tempt you, but go read them all:

Lord, as I read the psalms let me hear you singing.
As I read your words, let me hear you speaking.
As I reflect on each page, let me see your image.
And as I seek to put your precepts into practice,
let my heart be filled with joy. Amen.
Gregory of Nazianus

Last, our church publishes an Advent devotional each year. In conjunction to the print version, we produce an email version (JMAdvent at yahoo dot com to request) and as a blog (JMAdvent.blogspot.com).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home