Sunday, October 29, 2006

Prayers abundant

I'm back home from the walk -- via Trunk or Treat at church and then dinner -- and I'm sitting here tired -- so a short post tonight.

Part of the Emmaus experience is prayer. I sat in a chapel with five other women. Between the five of them, they had experienced 20 deaths in the last few years, including parents and children. It was an without a doubt an emotional 15 to 20 minutes.

I tell you this to share with a you a grace moment. I mentioned in my Packing for a Walk post that I was taking the little "prayer box" angel that Steve had given me. I said in the post that I wasn't putting a prayer in it; that I was depending on the prayers of other people to "fill her up." After the ladies in the prayer session that I mentioned above finished discussing their prayers and concerns, I pulled the angel out of my pocket, and told them why I had left her empty. I explained that people none of us knew, that people they knew, and that people I knew had been praying for them -- before the walk and during the walk. I then showed them the angel -- she's broken. Literally, the clasp no longer keeps her closed.

She is overflowing with prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home