Saturday, October 28, 2006

My Faith

Please welcome my second guest blogger, Steve, my husband:

My faith, Christianity. My profession, lighting. An interesting factoid, light and dark are featured in both. As Christians we refer to the devil as being dark and God as being light. Star Wars played this up by trying to keep the heroes from “turning to the dark side." The good side was considered the Force, but they did have light sabers.

My professional life is focused on recommending and providing proper lighting for a given space; office, gym, classroom, factory, ball field, etc. As I apply my training, I find it kind of neat that one cannot measure ‘dark’-- only the absence of ‘light’. I would not presume to say that the devil is not real, but shift gears and plug into that same equation, my faith. When it appears to be getting dark in my life, it’s because I have let the Light go down. I turn the LIGHT up and the dark goes away.

Ps 139:12: Even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for the darkness is as light to you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post, Steve. Thanks for letting your light shine to let others see God.

Thanks, too, for the light bulbs!

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home