Friday, September 29, 2006

Happy Birthday

Today is my mother-in-law Judy's 73rd birthday. We went over to Ohio to have dinner with her (and George) this evening.

Judy has Alzheimer's. She still remembers who we are, and will even ask about people who aren't in the room. If my mom is not with me, Judy always asks about her (and her "friend"). She is a different person than I remember from when I first married her son, but there are moments when Judy peaks through, and comes out to play.

We were finished with dinner, and she, I and the boys were standing outside while the bills were paid and arrangements were made to leave. I said, "It's your birthday."

"I know," she replied, grinning.

"I haven't told you happy birthday yet."

"I know," she said, and then Judy laughed. I love it when she laughs. For that one moment, she is Judy, and she is happy.

So am I.

Happy Birthday, Judy! We love you!

Tennis: Rain make up from yesterday. G played with J, his friend for several years, and another JM youth. G/J -- 8 : Covenant -- 1 (W)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home