Tuesday, August 15, 2006

A Tale of Two Dinners

Nobody would possibly be interested in this but Steve and me, but I am so impressed that we've had two homecooked meals within the space of less than a week, I have to document them. And it's my blog, so I will if I wanna. Sorry, John, you'll just have to skip this one. :-)

Saturday
Tilaplia seasoned with olive oil and garlic Old Bay Seasoning
Shrimp treated the same way
All grilled on a cedar plank
Topped with a fresh parsley (from the garden) lemon butter
Grilled corn on the cob
Rice, prepared with chicken broth
A "mess" of half runner green beans
Corn muffins
The previously mentioned chocolate cake

Tonight
Judy's meatloaf
(actually prepared in a square pan, but meat-square sounds silly)
Mashed potatoes
Corn
Fresh red and yellow tomatoes,
sliced and arranged with fresh mozzerella cheese
Dressed with fresh basil from the garden and olive oil
(I don't even like tomatoes, but this is pretty)
Fresh bread
Homemade apple pie with sharp cheddar cheese

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do we have another church cook in our midst? Looks and sound delicious.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Church cook? Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
No, not me.

Holiday dinners for eight are a challenge for me.

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home