Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Spring Photos

Blogger just ate my almost completed post. VERY FRUSTRATING! Let's try again.

Since the last week of posts were kind of serious, I thought I'd take this post to just blog with some photos. Picture time!

I mentioned in a couple of posts that we have been going to track meets lately. Have you ever noticed that when you try to take a photo in order to remember an event, you might miss the event itself? In order to avoid that, I try to focus on the event, which means that sometimes the pictures are -- well -- of substandard quality.


No, my son can't actually run faster than the speed of light. I took the photo with the camera's fireworks setting by mistake.

A movie in being filmed in Huntington -- "We are Marshall." While the boys were at church last Wednesday evening, S and I walked by filming. I got some pictures of the stars! No, not Matthew McConaughey or Matthew Fox; I got photos of the cars:


Spring has finally arrived! This is a tulip from our church flower bed.

The apple tree in our backyard is really blooming -- it only does this about every other year, for some reason. We'll have apples (golden delicious) this year. I had so many great pictures, it was hard to choose just one. These are my "adventure" photos -- to get these I had to hang off the cliff in our backyard. OK, not really a cliff, but a 45 degree slope (at least!).

And then the azaleas. We have seven azalea bushes in our backyard, planted along a brick wall. I bought these bushes one fall, years ago. Did you catch that -- in the fall -- not blooming at the time. We ended up with one red and six fuchia azaleas. There are two kinds of pick ones, which don't bloom at the same time. A very strange hedge of azalea.

Palm Sunday was the first time our younger son, J, has ever acolyted. He did it with his big brother (the one who can run faster than the speed of light). Here's something that I think is really cool. The first time the older one acolyted, S was an usher, and lit his taper. S wasn't ushering Palm Sunday, but he went back and lit J's taper (for the first time). Father passing the "light of God" to his sons. Isn't that a great image? (Wish I had a picture).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home