Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I am

I am known.
You know what I am doing.
You know where I am going.
You know what I am thinking,
and what I want to say.

God said, "I am."

I am surrounded.
There is nowhere that I can hide from you.
You are in my highest moments.
You are with me in my deepest horrors.
My spirit flies to you,
and your hand guides me.

God said, "I am."

I am no longer in darkness,
for in you there is only light.
The darkness does not exist
because you are the light.

God said, "I am."

I am made by God.
You knit me together
from the very beginning.
You know every inch of me,
every stitch of me.
Just as you created the heavens and the earth,
You made me.

God said, "I am."

I am in awe of you.
How wonderful is your name.
I cannot grasp your thoughts
or understand who you are.
I only know that you know me,
that you made me.
I can only pray that I am on your side.

God said, "I am."

I am understood.
You search me and know my heart.
See my doubt,
Understand my anxiety,
Reveal my sin,
So that you can forgive me.
So that you can lead me to life eternal.
So that I can stay in your presence,
Forever.

Based on Psalm 139
Beautiful artwork
here and here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home