Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Home Again

It's me, back home and back to posting once again. The trip to Orlando was wonderful.
Birthday dinner at Captain Something-or-rather. S insists it's Captain Fuzzy's, but I'm pretty sure the name was Captain Jack's. View out the window -- very nice -- includes a Lego Sea Serpent -- life size (I guess, I mean really, who knows how big sea serpents are). I'll be back-posting (gasp) a couple of other photos, just 'cause I want to.
We spent Saturday at the Disney parks and Sunday at the hotel. Five hours sitting beside the pool, doing nothing. Reading, knitting, napping -- nothing that required any effort at all. It was wonderful. (Photo is view from my pool chair.)

I did suffer one casuality on the trip, however. I dropped my cell phone on its ear -- BANG. I broke its hinge -- it is a flip phone. As of today, the screen is black. Nothing. The phone works -- I can call out as long as I trust that I am dialing the right number. I can answer phone calls -- as long as I don't need to know who is calling prior to answering the phone. It doesn't work so great for voice mail, because the only way the poor phone could tell me I had voice mail was by having "Voice Mail" pop up on the screen. No go. So, when I find the time, I have to call Cingular and put the insurance policy into effect so that they will send me a new phone with a screen that works. In the meantime, if I call you, it was probably by mistake.

I just have the feeling that this is an analogy for something in life, but I can't put my finger on it.
  • Faith is the assurance of things not seen? Maybe.
  • We never know who is going to eventually hear what we have to say? Could be, I guess.
  • We could come unhinged at any time? Might be.
Maybe the best lesson to learn from this is not to put your cell phone in the side pocket of your purse and then turn your purse upside down.

Riddle me this: What kind of parent allows her son to stay out in the miserable, cold, rainy, nasty, dark weather to run in circles? A track parent. For SIX HOURS. Who thought this would be a good idea?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home