Saturday, January 21, 2006

Happy Birthday

Today is my husband's birthday. He's 44 (or he will be sometime after 11:00 this evening).

If you know him, here are a few things you may not know:


  • See that bike in the avatar? He likes to ride his mountain bike, especially with his boys.
  • If you made a list of 100 things about S, and only one of them was negative, that's the one he would remember.
  • He played in the finals of the State High School basketball tournament two years in a row. (He's taller than he looks in the avatar).
  • I know how to turn on a light bulb. He knows how they work, and after passing a very difficult test, is "lighting certified," which means he's S, LC.
  • If he likes a movie, he can watch it MULTIPLE times. That's good, because I feel the same way. I can't imagine what a couple does if they don't agree on this little quirk.
  • He would never wear that sweater (the one in the avatar) in real life.
  • He puts the milk in the fridge at a right angle.
  • If he's ever seen you with your car, he'll remember what you drive. I might be able to remember what color you car is. If I'm ever in a hit-and-run accident, I want him to have seen it, because he'll be able to tell the police what the car looked like. I'll only be able to come up with "dark, maybe."
  • He has a phone book in his head.
  • He never looses a sock. How can that be?
  • He can install telephones, pick locks, appraise a house, develop film, and explain how electrickery makes a light bulb work. He also knows all the halogen gases.
  • All of the hangers in his half of the closet are lined up the same way, and all of his shirts face the same direction in the closet. He's not anal; he's right-angled (and there is a difference). It's a good thing that one of us is.
  • If he won a lot of money, he would probably buy ... somekind of car...probably a dark one (I can't remember, but he would fly out west to some famous car auction to find it).
  • He's loyal, honorable, faithful, caring, senstive, loving. He's a wonderful father and husband. He's my best friend and my hero.

Happy Birthday!

We went to Empire Books in Huntington yesterday evening before going to see a movie. While we were there, a musical group was performing the coffee shop area. I wasn't paying much attention, although G and S were watching (mainly, I think, because G wanted to see them play their guitars). After they played their first song, they started chatting about not practicing much, etc (I really wasn't listening. I was a couple of aisles over, flipping through a book). All of a sudden, they started an accappela version of The Star Spangled Banner. In four part harmony. With no music (which is why it was accappela, I know). I headed over to watch. They were wonderful. S asked one of the clerks -- they are four Marshall students, and the name of their group is Play. Marshall needs to have them sing at a game.


The movie we saw Friday evening was Glory Road. It gets my vote. Really good movie. I've never heard of Texas Western, and this real life story of their miracle season. (So I didn't know how the story turns out). Go see it; take your kids, and talk to them about racism. It could be a real conversation starter. In addition, it is a sit on the edge of your seat, cheer for our team, kind of movie. When it's over, don't leave when the credits roll. There's more to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home