Friday, March 22, 2024

New Life

 A prayer of Confession inspired by Psalm 51:1-3, 8-12

O God, I am in need of you.
Your love and mercy are abundant
Unimaginable.
Miraculous.
Remove my sin, please, o God.

Make me clean as you created me to be
Wash me from my wrongdoings.
Only you can remove the stain.

All I can see if what I've done wrong.
It fills my vision, my heart, my life.
I have sinned against you,
I have done what is evil.

I cast down my eyes because
you are justified in not seeing me at all.
In ignoring my plea.

Open my eyes to hear your joy.
Open my heart to know your forgiveness.
Open my bones to be healed by your love.
Let me know gladness again.

Hide my sins from your sight.
Convince me that it is so.
Remove the stain of sin that has darkened my life.

Help me to start again.
Create in me a new heart,
a fresh start,
a new and right life.

Recreate me so that I am worthy
to be near you,
so that I am a righteous place
for your Holy Spirit to dwell,
so that I am not alone.

O, God,
Restore in my the assurance of salvation,
return to me the conviction of your action in my life,
so that I know you again.
Rebuild in my a willing spirit
to start new life with you.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home