Wednesday, December 13, 2023

What is God's Command?

Inspired by Leviticus 1-2, 15-18

The Lord spoke to Moses and said:
The Lord speaks to us, and says:

You shall be holy, set apart,
For I am holy, and I have consecrated you.

You shall be fair in your judgements,
You shall not show favoritism to the poor,
(I don't have to worry about that, do I?,
for your hand can be oppressive).
You shall not defer to the great.
(Did you hear me?)
With justice you shall judge your  neighbor.

You shall not lie.
You shall not spread falseness.
You shall not gaslight.
You shall not tell fake news.
(Are their other ways I can say it?)
You shall not spread slander about your neighbors,
(or about anyone - they are all your neighbors)
And you shall not profit by the blood of your neighbors.
(ARE YOU LISTENING?)

You shall not hate anyone.
No, not even that person,
You can offer gentle accountability,
but not hate.
What touches one of you,
touches all of you.

You shall not seek retribution or vengeance.
You shall not bear a grudge.
(Stop. Just stop.  I see you).
You shall love your neighbor.
You shall forgive.

Do you hear me?
Forgive.
Love.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home