Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Closer to Each Other


Yesterday, I wrote about a worship experience at NAUMF. We all placed our candles on a table, indicating how close we felt to God - closer to the center, closer to God.

Months later, I was in worship, and Terry (I think) was preaching. She said - and I wish I could properly attribute this idea - that if we think of God at the center, then we can imagine that the closer we move to God - in concentric circles - the closer we move to each other. Closer to God. Closer to each other.

I wonder if that is why we sometimes resist moving closer to God. Doing so necessitates moving closer to each other. Love God; love your neighbor. It's impossible to love God and hate your neighbor.


That one I can attribute - it's biblical.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home