Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Fruit from Effort

Over and over I discover the relationship between reading and writing.  When I don't have time to read, I find the writing doesn't flow - it doesn't exist or flourish in a vacuum.  Writing without reading takes longer, and the fruit isn't very good. Changes in work and in life have made it difficult to find time to read or to write.

I'm telling you this to explain why I'm in and out of the blog, and why the blogging has become sporadic. I'm not stopping, but I'm not here as much as I was before.

All that said, I started reading a book this morning for a book discussion I'm a part of.  The book is Rising Strong by Brene Brown.  It's not a book about faith, but as I read the first chapter, blog posts about faith and life in church keep jumping out at me.  It was fun to highlight them and anticipate the post that the snippets would feed.

I'll start those tomorrow, but for now, my thought for today: fruit requires effort. We have to choose what fruit God is calling us to cultivate at any particular time, and put the effort we have into it - and then experience the joy of the work as we do it. I pray blessings on the fruit of your gifts, and your nurturing and caring of them.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger birdwatcher said...

Just discovered you had posted - glad to see you back. Thanks for the gifts you offer to us.

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home